[mythtv-users] shut down OK, reboot nogo

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:27:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/2014 06:56 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> After "sudo visudo" the last few lines of that page are:
>>
>>   # Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
>> %sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
>>
>> # See sudoers(5) for more information on "#include" directives:
>>
>> #includedir /etc/sudoers.d
>>
>> %mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
>>
>> And this from:  ls -al /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1221 Oct 16 17:46 /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
>>

> Looks OK, but I'd put the MythTV addition in /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv
> so the if /etc/sudoers ever gets updated by a package manager (it
> happens), your solution won't go away. I'm surprised you don't
> have that file already, make sure it's not there and overriding
> anything.
>
> In your original post for this topic, you referred to a file
> named: /var/log/mythtv/hwclockrebootTime.log. Is that where
> /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh writes it's output?
>
> Not sure this is still an open issue.
>

> --
> Bill

Yes, I'm still booting manually.  Thanks for checking Bill.

I've got a problem getting the Mythtv addition into /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv.
If I rename the file after creating it with sudo visudo, I get into a
syntax error loop, of sorts. this may be caused by my trying to first
create it with gksudo gedit, and the only way I could get out of sudo
visudo was to delete other attempts (different file names). If this isn't
clear its because my own recollection is fuzzy as it is now about a week
old. (too many commits, or something)

echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm     #this writes your alarm  <This
line from the setwakeup.sh indicates no? I simply came across
"hwclockrebootTime.log" while looking at the BE and FE logs and scratched
my head.  Daryl