[mythtv-users] Comcast encrypting World Series on FoxHD

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Oct 29 14:55:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 01:55:48PM -0700, Bob Shanteau wrote:
> I have found that Comcast (Monterey, California) is flipping the
> copy once flag on FoxHD about 5 minutes before the pre-game show
> starts and flips the switch back shortly after the game ends,
> meaning that I cannot record the games on MythTV. I thought that
> cable companies had to provide local broadcast HD channels without
> restrictions. What's going on?

    Sounds like it's time to get an antenna.

    I have had good luck with the new flat ones lately.

    They're about the size of a sheet of paper and they are very easy to
handle. Since they are so light, they can be wall mounted with nothing
more than 2 sided tape. They're pretty cheap too. I have one for each of
my tuners so I don't have to bother with a splitter.

    If in doubt, just buy from a merchant with good return policies and
return it if it doesn't work out.

[deletia]