[mythtv-users] Metadata Lookup Errored in Backend Log - On Every Recording.

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Oct 28 15:52:35 UTC 2014

On 10/26/2014 4:30 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 26/10/14 10:15, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> On 26/10/14 05:52, Greg Grotsky wrote:
>>>
>>> It looks like the tmdb3.py command is getting issued but nothing is
>>> getting
>>> returned. I tried running the command myself and it issues an error
>>> about
>>> number of arguments:

>>> Saturday Night Live
>>> ERROR: tmdb3.py requires exactly one non-empty argument
>>>>

>> Should that last argument have been enclosed in quotes? "Saturday
>> Night Live"
>> would make one argument, not three.
>>

> If you want to test it on the command line then obviously you do need
> the quotes
> but it looks like this is a quote from the log of a command being run by
> MythSystem{Legacy} in which case you can ignore the quotes since each
> parameter
> is passed separately.

Right.  This is just an "issue" with the logging, not with how the
command is being called.  A more correct message would be...
execv("/mythtv/local64/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py",
"tmdb3.py", "-l", "en", "-a", "US", "-M", "Saturday Night Live")