[mythtv-users] Metadata Lookup Errored in Backend Log - On Every Recording.

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:33:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> The patch I send earlier would dump some of the PYTHON* variables.
> I *think* the PATH is OK because the log shows the command runs
> OK, it's just the inability to load the MythTV module(s).
>
> Maybe 1st become the user that causes the failure and then simply
> type:
>
>     export | egrep "PYTHON|LC_|HOME|PATH"
>
> I'm interested to see if: PYTHONNOUSERSITE gets set that would
> prevent the site-packages use.

Bill, I just tried it out and you're right! The PYTHONPATH variable is not
set:

$ cat working_easy.log
PYTHONHOME = Is not set.
PYTHONPATH = /mythtv/local64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/.
PYTHONNOUSERSITE = Is not set.
About to import: MythTV
The import worked.
About to import: MythTV.tmdb3
The import worked.
$ cat broken_easy.log
PYTHONHOME = Is not set.
PYTHONPATH = Is not set.
PYTHONNOUSERSITE = Is not set.
About to import: MythTV
The MythTV import failed.
About to import: MythTV.tmdb3
The MythTV.tmdb3 import failed.
$

Do I need those other two variables set? It doesn't appear as though I do.
I wonder why the start-stop-daemon using --chuid wouldn't apply this stuff.
I'll have to do some research on environment variables when using it.