[mythtv-users] Patches that improve mythcommflag accuracy

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Oct 28 04:32:29 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 6:40 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
>> I'm just heading out to work now, but will apply the patch to my
>> system when I get home tonight.
>
> The big patch applied cleanly to my 27.4 install.  The results were
> inconclusive.
>
> I flagged two 30 minute shows from the HDHR Prime and it found
> additional commercials there were missed before, and then I flagged 2
> from my PVR500 with the same bad results as the previous flagging
> (missing the first and last 5 minutes of the show).
>
> I'll leave the patches in place, since all of my recording are now
> off the HDHR Prime.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

Many thanks for testing. I hope I don't sound too defensive, but it seems to me that your results were better than inconclusive, since the big patch found commercials in the HDHR Prime recordings that were previously missed.

You might want to try alternating the setting for "Strict commercial detection" to see if that helps or hurts the PVR-500 recordings. I found enabling it helped on most of my test recordings, but there were some where the opposite was true. You can set it temporarily from the command-line by adding the option:
--override-setting AggressiveCommDetect=1 (to enable)
--override-setting AggressiveCommDetect=0 (to disable)

Based on Carl's feedback, I will do more testing of PVR-150 and/or HVR-1600 analog recordings. Perhaps I'll find something that will help your PVR-500 recordings.

Regards,
Helen