[mythtv-users] Storage Group Database Disappearances

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:52:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:52 AM, David B. LeGendre <dblegend at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I recently ran into an issue in which a couple of recordings were
> physically created but never made it into the "Watch Recordings" portion of
> the mythfrontend display.  After ruling out the possibility of a filtering
> oversight, I was able to at least determine what happened to create them,
> but I have no idea why the behavior is happening.  I am able to reliably
> reproduce the issue following these steps:
>
> 1. Schedule a recording.
> 2. Begin watching LiveTV on the same channel as the pending recording from
> step 1.
> 3. Continue watching LiveTV on that channel until after the scheduled
> recording begins on a new tuner.
>
> I have found that the second tuner for the recording will be initialized,
> everything will work normally and a file will be created via the backend in
> the filesystem.  The file, however, never shows up anywhere in the
> frontend.  It's as if the database has no idea it ever existed on account
> of the fact that it was already being watched via LiveTV.
>
> This problem is taking place on a machine which hosts both the master
> backend and frontend concurrently.  I'm running Myth v0.27 on LMDE and
> using an ATSC, dual tuner HDHomerun with the latest firmware.  I have a
> separate 'LiveTV' folder set up for the LiveTV storage group - all other
> recordings are in a 'recordings' folder as part of the Default group.  The
> resulting .mpg file is created in both folders (one from the LiveTV tuner
> and one from the Scheduled Recording tuner) and can be watched from either
> location with mplayer.
>
> I'm assuming the confusion probably stems from something in the way I have
> the storage groups / folders configured.  Has anyone else run into this?
>
> -Dave

It's bug #11119, which was fixed in 0.27.1. On 0.27.0 you'll find the
missing recordings in the livetv group, though these are normally deleted
after 24 hours. In newer versions the recordings are where you expect.
Since you need to upgrade, you should move to 0.27.4 - see the news at
mythtv.org about the Schedules Direct change.