[mythtv-users] Navigating Video Directories very slow after last Mythbuntu mini Update (0.27) [SOLVED]

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 27 12:43:21 UTC 2014

On 10/03/2014 03:03 PM, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> On 16/08/14 07:29, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>> Hi-yas,
>>
>> After the last mythbuntu update pushed out a few weeks ago,
>> Navigating Video directories has become very slow.
>>
>> Going into my "TV Series" folder causes a delay of about 8 seconds,
>> whereas this used to be instantaneous.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated, I'm tired of my family
>> complaining about it.
>>

> Ok, this is solved (with help from one of the devs!)
>
> It's actually a Browse Mode *option* of MythTV to do this.
>
> see: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=304#p1324
>
> Even knowing what was wrong, the GUI is a bit confusing to me here.
> There's two options 'Browse Filesystem (Slow)' or 'Browse Library
> (Recomended)'.
>
> Obviously I have the "Recomended" one selected now, but to me it looks
> like it's the other way around.  You may have to play with it a bit.

Yes, this is a rather confusing UI.  When you have "Browse Filesystem
(Slow)" enabled, the button will change MythTV to use "Browse Library
(Recommended)", so it's labelled "Browse Library (Recommended)", and
vice versa.  So you have to make sure that the button says the one you
don't want.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519996#519996

Mike