[mythtv-users] upgraded from .25-fixes to .27-3

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun Oct 26 21:53:45 UTC 2014

On 27 October 2014 06:31, Scott Bickford <bic1ster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have upgraded from Mythdora 12.25 to Fedora 20 and MythTV .27-3.
>
> To restore my old database, I shutdown the .25 MySQL database server and
> copied the mythconverg directory to the new box.
>
> I started mythtv-setup and let it upgrade the database.
>
> Now the Front End is showing quite a few recording files as X or missing.
>
> I get this on the backend log:
>
> ProcessRequest programinfo.cpp:2358 (GetPlaybackURL) -
> ProgramInfo(3030_20130930223000.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
> '3030_20130930223000.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>
> I changed the ip from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.4 in mythtv-setup.
>
> I tried deleting the storage groups and recreating them.  I compared the
> data from the mysql dump and the new database.  They are actually the same.
>
> I double checked the permissions on the two storage groups.  I have one
> local to the OS and a second drive.  In some cases those with X on them,
> they appear deleted(watched).  While in others, they are ok and do not have
> a X.  Some recordings (recent) are actually missing/no meta data (hard to
> determine if the file is there or not).  There seems to be a three week
> period where there's no recordings.
>
> I ran the find_orphans.py and it found370 files that were on disk, but not
> in the database.  For these I realized I just deleted them in the FE as
> they had an X on them (as some I thought i had watched and deleted).  Also,
> there are some 400+ files that do not have have a db entry.  Both storage
> groups are listed here.   There was a python error:
>
> return str(round(s,1))+('B ', 'KB', 'MB', 'GB)[o]
> indexerror: tuple index out of range
>

> Any hints on troubleshooting files that are not in the db (yet they show
> up in .25 MythFrontend?

You really should have done a backup and restore

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Additionally you need to load the time zone tables in MySQL (As per the
0.26 release notes
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.26#Prerequisite_Changes )

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables

Cheers,