[mythtv-users] I see major trouble ahead ...

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Oct 26 21:41:25 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know Gentoo numbering but I'm going to guess p20140321 is 21 March 2014 and p20140713 is 13 July 2014.

Correct.  I date the ebuilds based on the date that I create the
patches from fixes.  The ebuild contains the actual git commit, though
the commit rate on fixes isn't that high.  Gentoo needs an orderable
version number to detect upgrades/etc, and the date is as useful as
anything else since git doesn't offer anything adequate here.

> IIRC from another thread recently there were a number of commits based on one particular person that introduced substantial regression around the June - July 2014 timeframe?
>
> I believe they were progressively reverted until they were (nearly) all gone by late Sept.
>
> Could they be the problem?

Well, not if he is having this problem with 0.27.4, which was my
impression from the first post.  But, if he gave up without trying the
most recent versions then I would definitely do that before wasting
time bisecting the repository.  Well, not unless it was a regression
that still hasn't been fixed.

You can find the list of versions to choose from at:
http://packages.gentoo.org/package/media-tv/mythtv

That reminds me, I should probably stabilize 0.27.4 in a few weeks...

--
Rich