[mythtv-users] HD Transcoder to .mkv?

Lucas Christian lucas at lucasec.com
Sun Oct 26 00:29:41 UTC 2014

That is good to hear, but are you talking about recordings, or
mythvideo? I've found that the internal player works well for
mythvideo, but in the past I've had trouble using the same sorts of
files for actual recordings. That could very well have changed as I
haven't tested it recently.

I’m talking about both. I go through and edit recordings, then transcode then, replacing the old file and leaving the new file as a recording in its place.  I can go through and play it from the recordings screen with no problem.