[mythtv-users] MythTV DB Upgrade Fails

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 25 01:43:34 UTC 2014

I'm trying to do a DB upgrade using mythconverg_restore.pl,
mythtv-setup, and then running mythtvfrontend.  Things appear to work
fine, until I run mythtvfrontend.  It upgrades the music,video sections,
but then displays a popup dialog that states:

The server uses network protocol version 40, but this client only
understands version 77.  Make sure you are running compatible versions
of the

The message is cut off at that point.  There is only an OK box.
Selecting that causes mythtvfrontend to crash (exit code 135) and then
restart, which pops the same dialog up again.  Can I just ignore this?

This is an upgrade from 0.21-fixes to 0.24? (mythbuntu 11.10) -> 0.27.?
(mythbuntu 14.04.1).  I get the same error going from 0.21 -> 0.24, only
it complains about the client only understanding network protocol 63 and
crashes with exit code 249.

Why did it not upgrade the network protocol too?

Jay