[mythtv-users] HD Transcoder to .mkv?

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Fri Oct 24 16:29:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on using ffmpeg, but I have been playing around trying
to get Mythbrake to work for my situation (uses Handbrake), but I thinking
there are many features of this that I don't require.  Perhaps I'm wrong.
All I really want to do is convert the mpeg2 file to h.264 and place into
a MP4 container.  Handbrake seems to be the best choice.  Since I don't
really need the extra stuff in this script
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbrake related to audio track checking and
selection, can someone offer thoughts on what I can comment out?  I'm
having some challenges getting mediainfo to work, but now realize that I
likely don't need that step.

Any tips appreciated!

Scott