[mythtv-users] MobileMyth v.7 Released - Better Late Than Never

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:37:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Long time, no update.  I've finally wrapped up an update to MobileMyth.  I
> had grand plans to incorporate ChromeCasts with this but when Google
> finally got around to releasing the final SDK, I was against the rules.  So
> it is a bit light on new features.
>
> What is MobileMyth you ask since it has been so long:
>  - Goal of the project is to have a platform independent web browser based
> frontend
>  - Support phones, tablets, desktops
>  - HLS Stream files or access them directly
>  - Videos
>  - Remote play to frontends (though this could be prettier)
>  - View Statuses/upcoming/conflicts/storage/etc
>  - Auto transcode HLS streams and auto remove them
>  - Proxy all backend access through your webserver so no vpn is required
> although in some cases the video streaming has issues.
>
> What's New:
>  - Brand new theme
>  - WoL Support for remote frontends
>  - Gallery support for the possible new plugin currently in master
>  - Completely new Services API layer to better support any Myth version.
>
> Currently Support .25-.28-pre (as of a few months ago, I know some stuff
> in master has changed recently probably)  I also have not tested against
> .25-.26 lately.
>
> http://www.mobilemyth.net/
>
> Give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Jon

Two things... First, you should put that "What is MobileMyth" at the top of
your site ahead of all the news, because I forgot what the heck the project
was, and I've installed it in the past!

Second, what were the Chromecast issues and could we (pretty pretty please)
expect to see ChromeCast support in the future?

Thanks,
Matt