[mythtv-users] mythTV with DataDirect Replacement service

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Oct 22 05:30:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2014 12:01 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
> > I'm getting #8 (UTF-8 corruption) which causes accented characters to
>
>> become scambled. A re-download got good data, though. Could potentially
>> cause things to be not recorded or re-recorded due to non-matching
>> title/subtitle/description, though.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Believe it or not, that's #8 here:
>
>     http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2599
>
> It came up during alpha tests and I still see it too. It doesn't
> happen on every download. At least for me, the majority have the
> proper characters.

Yep, that's why I said I'm getting #8. :-) For me, it happened on the first
download (I let it run at it's scheduled time). Looking in the Program
table, everything before today was fine, everything after was corrupted.
But re-running mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all got good data the second
time. Hopefully Robert Eden can find and squash the source of that bug.

Karl