[mythtv-users] Input Groups - 3 encoders and 2 satellite receivers

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Tue Oct 21 19:56:03 UTC 2014

Is it possible that I'm missing a step here...

My two satellite receivers both have the same channels that they can
access.  With this, I only set up one 'Video Source'.  Perhaps I need to
set up two video sources, one for each satellite receiver?  This seems
counter-intuitive since the Schedule's Direct info and channel lineup is
identical for each.  If I call one video source Sat_1 and the other Sat_2
for example and then connect:

/dev/video0 (HD PVR) Component1 to Sat_1
/dev/video1 (PVR 350 1) Composite1 to Sat_1
/dev/video2 (PVR 350 2) Composite1 to Sat_2

Will the scheduler know to only engage one of the first two encoders based
on the input preference noted during scheduling?

Thx,
Scott