[mythtv-users] mfdb fails once again

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:59:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:
> This morning mfdb failed repeatedly with the following error message:
>
> 11:23:18.595412 D  DownloadManager: downloadError 301 Error downloading
> http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService -
> server replied: Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity
>
> I hope this will not become a permanent error when everyone tries to
> use the new server.

Agreed.

But I would respectfully suggest that now that
the service has been declared "production" by SD
   http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2599
that failures in that service be reported over in
their forums, where they are more likely to be
responsive.

I am certainly not displeased when vendors
monitor and respond to posts on this list, but
I think we all understand that vendor support
should really be elsewhere on an ongoing basis.

Of course, if the purpose is to vent, well, this
list is known for that.