[mythtv-users] 14.04 suitable for FE Ion/Ion2 based hardware

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:19:53 UTC 2014

On 16/10/14 23:26, Mike Carron wrote:

> I assumed that because 12.04 is a better choice for a FE that uses
> either ION or Fusion E-350 hardware

( I presume you mean better that 14.04 ).

I have not seen this suggested before nor did I find anything in google
that confirms your comment.

I know that Nvidia are end of line-ing drivers for a bunch of hardware
including Ion and Ion2 as of version 340:

	http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3142
	http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html

Currently 12.04 and 14.04 repos seem to contain up to version 331 Nvidia
driver so I feel that 14.04 will be OK for the end-of line hardware but
best have a hardware upgrade plan sorted for future Ubuntu upgrades.

Can you please comment?