[mythtv-users] Homerun Prime Watchdog resets

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 19:16:09 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22)
<cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 10/19/2014 12:20 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> And be sure to enable sending of diagnostics to
>> SD, just in case there is something in the internal
>> logs that can help them identify any issue.
>
> I am not sure how to do that. I do not see any option in the web
> interface or the config utility.

Unfortunately, you cannot do that from the web
interface (it is a known enhancement request).
Only the windows configuration gui supports
enabling the sending of debug info.  The cli
equivalent is:

   hdhomerun_config <device_id|IP_address> set /sys/debug debug_enabled=10

Note that the sending of log data expires
after 10 days (never bothered to research if
the 10 in the cli is days, or a debug level,
or if the device accepts other values; 10
works)

After a few days of "watchdog resets" you
should probably open a (real, not forum) ticket
with SD, and provide your device ID to them.
They can look at their collected logs and advise.