[mythtv-users] Homerun Prime Watchdog resets

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 19 14:13:36 UTC 2014

My homerun prime was hanging every few minutes, and would then reset
itself. The homerun system log is cleared out and starts fresh with a
message "System: reset reason = watchdog".
I had it replaced under warranty, and now the replacement is doing the
same thing, this time with less frequency, about three times a day.
Mostly this happens when no recording is taking place, but when it
happens during a recording that recording is lost or cut short.
It happened at least three times yesterday, which I discovered by
looking at the log from time to time.
Both this unit and the unit I returned have firmware version 20140604.
It started happening on that unit some time after I installed that firmware.
Has anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?
I believe that these units do not allow downgrade of firmware.

Peter