[mythtv-users] Notice to Schedules Direct users

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 21:22:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> On 17/10/14 01:23 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:

>>> I'm curious :) So how does that data then get into the myth database
>>> so it can use it?
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>>>
>> Precisely...If listings are showing up, then it must be inserting /
>> updating the mythconverg database in addition to whatever it might be
>> doing in it's own.
>>
>> Like I said, count me out until there's some official means of using
>> the JSON service.
>

> So it would be fine if we had one of the present high priests put on the
> vestments, sacrifice a Rhode Island Red cockerel at the dark of the moon,
> and intone a spell in Latin, so that Robert Kulagowski would be *blessed*?.
>
> --
>              R. Geoffrey Newbury

So you think that the idea of leaving database updates to the software
for which it was designed, and the developers who are in change the
database design (and all of it's future changes) is some sort of
radical idea?...and do think you could possibly work on a slightly
more obnoxious fucking tone?

I'm out of this one.
Tom