[mythtv-users] New Mythbuntu 14.04 battle with nvidia boot up

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Oct 16 19:36:27 UTC 2014

On 16/10/14 03:24 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm just guessing here (I had to back-port to 12.04 after 14.04 failed on my
>> nvidia 9400)
>>
> Any more suggestions I can try?

It appears you are running a 9400 series card. You can use a much newer
nvidia version than 304. Maybe try that?

And when you removed/blacklisted nouveau, did you *also* recreate your
init-rd without nouveau? (Use dracut). If you do not use that silver
bullet, then nouveau seems to get loaded and then the changeover falls
down...

And nouveau is a hard beast to kill on Fedora so I expect it is the same
on *buntu

          R. Geoffrey Newbury