[mythtv-users] Notice to Schedules Direct users

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:47:00 UTC 2014

On 10/16/2014 12:24 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>>
>> Just so it's said -- a big thanks to Robert Eden for doing all this at SD.

I'll second that and then some!
> And, by observation of DNS, it appears that
> (even though it was thought this was not
> going to be possible) the original dns name now
> points to both the new SD-DD service and the
> old TMS-DD service for transition purposes
> (I presume the old TMS-DD service will be
> removed from the list after SD-DD is shown
> able to handle the requests and before the
> TMS-DD shutdown) so no one needs to do
> anything at all.  Anything that worked before
> (with or without upgraded sources, dns magic,
> proxy services, whatever) will work for a
> foreseeable future.  Stop the panic.  Grab the
> towel.  Move on.

Agreed, no panic. However, from Robert Eden, early
this morning:

     "Gracenote (formerly Tribune) will make all the DNS changes
     we want up until Nov 1.  Then the domains can go away at
     any time."

This isn't a change, it's why contributors on -users
tested solutions, that can be used by those electing
not to use 0.27.4 or above. That and early testing.

--
Bill