[mythtv-users] New MythTV feature - background image on list of recorded shows

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:44:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > The procdure that Dick provided and that Tom says he uses doesn't stop
> > the downloading of Fanart. It only stops it from being displayed.
> >
> This. My understanding is the theme has no relevance to whether the fanart
> / coverart / banner pictures are downloaded. Only whether they are
> displayed.
>
> Rather than having to create a custom theme every time your preferred
> theme is updated, might be more time effective to stop the media
> downloading first, once and for all.

It is true that my change did not stop the art from being downloaded, but
with this approach, it will be there if I ever decide to switch back to a
theme that uses it.

I didn't really dislike the artwork itself, it's just that the way it was
implemented in this theme made text nearly unreadable (i.e. white text on
backgrounds that were often light in color). Perhaps one day I will modify
the theme to set an alpha level so that the artwork can be shown without
affecting readability.