[mythtv-users] How to check if a tuner is in use

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:52:13 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 03:35 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > I see this in FE >information center >system status >tuner status
> Your needs must be different or more complex, I assume.

It's just a template, you can remove as much as you like,
for example replace the headings and detail with just:

      for element in response.findall('Encoders/Encoder'):
         if element.findtext('Id') == args.tuner and element.findtext('State') != '0':
             print 'Tuner {0} is unavailable'.format(args.tuner)
             break

or return an exit code like 1 for busy and 0 for available etc
(no text output at all.)

Add a tuner argument so you can call it with --tuner 2:

     parser.add_argument('--tuner', type=str, required=True, metavar='<#>',
         help='tuner number')

If memory serves, the status doesn't exist in the DB, only
in memory.

--
Bill