[mythtv-users] How to check if a tuner is in use

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:36:22 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 02:09 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi All,
>
>   How do I check if a tuner is in use by Mythtv. This so I can check in
>   my radio script if the tuner is available.
>   Can I find that in the database or is there a command. Or do I have
>   to check through the logs?

You can try this, it works when run on my backend,
but not from remote host all the time.

$ pe.py --host localhost

Display Name   Id    State   Sched Live Title
   ATSC-0       26       7      1    5   Some show name
   ATSC-1       28       0      0    0
   HDHR-0       30       7      3    3   Yet another recording show
   HDHR-1       32       0      4    2
   HDHR-2       34       0      5    1
HVR-1250       36      -1      6    6

0=idle, 7=recording -1=off line