[mythtv-users] HDPVR severe stuttering 'Storage to Buffer' drops to nothing

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Mon Oct 13 14:12:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-12 11:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 13 October 2014 14:33, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:
>> Separate BE and FE, using myth  protocol and a storage group.  The drive is
>> a DLink external SATA with RAID, and it doesn't give me smart readings.
> Is this a NAS? a eSATA disk?
>
> IMHO, Dlink NAS suck, with terrible performance.
>

>> I may try to copy all my video files to an NFSv4 server and get rid of the
>> local eSATA drives.
>>
> a eSATA ?? the BE if you start it with -v file as log argument, should
> give you a good idea of where it's failing...
> You don't have the DB on that external drive I hope ?

The DB is on the onboard SATA drive.  The storage group is on a DLink
RAID1 box, connected to the BE directly via eSATA.  Haven't had a
problem with the setup since I connected it 3 or 4 years ago.

I have a home-built NAS I can throw a couple of drives into (RAID1) and
serve over NFS.  I figure if I copy the old storage group data over,
mount the NFS at the same place as the old storage group, it should all
just work.

The DLink doesn't give me SMART status on the drives, so I don't know if
they are failing or not.

Gerald

--
Gerald Brandt