[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 03:24:41 UTC 2014

On 10/12/2014 10:10 PM, jk90090 wrote:
> I noticed I was missing 6 days of schedule today, learned of the TMS issue, updated my hosts file, and mythfilldatabase populated the missing 6
> days I noticed this morning.

If you: run your backend as a server (e.g. rarely shut it off) and
Have only 1 source and
Have the backend (running as user mythtv) schedule mythfilldatabase runs, then

what you describe is a symptom of a stuck /tmp/mythtv_ddp* file. It's
fixed in 0.28-pre. The new server shouldn't have helped the problem.

But good to hear anyway!

Don't know what version of MythTV you're running, but you probably
should check this Wiki for your options:

     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service

--
Bill