[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

leo.butler at member.ams.org leo.butler at member.ams.org
Sun Oct 12 02:10:06 UTC 2014

Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/11/2014 11:20 AM, leo.butler at member.ams.org wrote:
>> At the moment, my mfdb runs with the new sd service are erroring out due
>> to a timeout problem. This is new for me, but I think this is probably
>> the one that Gary Buhrmaster has been discussing in this thread. Our
>> internet service goes to crap over the weekend...damn netflix streaming.
>>

> I suspect a different issue.
>
> It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
> 54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.
>
> There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
> can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org
>
> I'll update the Wiki when I get some confirmation regarding the
> change.
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service
>
> I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same problem as Jay.
>
>     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/577535#577535
>
> which has been fixed. If you try the new address, the problem may
> have gone away.
>
> If not, I can explain how to capture the raw data before mythfilldatabase
> removes it.

Ok, I updated my hosts file (54.85.117.227 from a later message) and
that seemed to solve the error.

Now, I am back to the original problem: missing or mishandled data from
one of the sd sources. Here are the upcoming recordings and log file

legacy:
http://pastebin.com/YC2csF10
http://pastebin.com/4zvdkr2E

beta: