[mythtv-users] Live TV judder until channel change

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 00:35:53 UTC 2014

Ni

On Sunday, October 12, 2014, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran through the bisect again with the same result.  I started at a
> different "bad" location to try and change things up.  Same result as
> previously.  Again, there was one bisect that the behavior was a bit
> different.  It started out with juddery video but after about 10 second it
> would correct itself.  I counted this as "bad" because in the "good" cases
> it was smooth from the start.

This is due to how bisect works.

It goes with your hint of wrong and bad. And where you start from.

It could be that it worked temporarily in a specific version, that some of
those changes where reverted.

The best would be to find a "good" starting point located after the revert
of those commits. Or a "bad" located before the revert.

That will narrow the set of changes.