[mythtv-users] Myth on Enlightenment Window Manager

Tremayne, Steve steven.tremayne at honeywell.com
Fri Oct 10 18:40:27 UTC 2014

Hoi Hika,

>This probably means you start mythwelcome in ~/.xinitrc as the last command. This means that closing it closes X.

Ah! I didn't think of that.

>From memory (I am working away from home, so cannot check), I don't think that MythWelcome is started that way. I think I used Enlightenment's options to auto start MythWelcome - of course, it could be doing the same thing!

I do remember changing "MythWelcome" to "Terminology" (the Enlightenment terminal emulator) so that it was automatically started instead. When I closed Terminology, I do not think that I had the same problem. Of course - Terminology could be doing something else to avoid the problem.

>>You can try placing mythwelcome before the start of the WM followed by a &, removing the & after the WM command. This makes the windowmanager the X closing application.

I will look at what Enlightenment does to auto-start MythWelcome and see if I can achieve the same effect.

Thanks!

Steve