[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

leo.butler at member.ams.org leo.butler at member.ams.org
Fri Oct 10 13:58:19 UTC 2014

Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> writes:

>>> Thanks for the log.
>>>
>>>   CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1029 (DDPost) - Downloaded 1633668 bytes
>>>   CoreContext datadirect.cpp:1036 (DDPost) - Uncompressed to 19477801 bytes
>>>
>>> That's roughly the same as I get. Robert, if you've got his data, it should
>>> probably match the Uncompressed size. It doesn't appear to be a download
>>> issue.
>>>
>>>   Updating source #1 (sd-cable) with grabber schedulesdirect1
>>>   Found 58 channels for source 1 which use grabber
>>>   Updating source #2 (sd-digitial) with grabber schedulesdirect1
>>>   Found 110 channels for source 2 which use grabber
>>>   Updating source #3 (sd-antenna) with grabber schedulesdirect1
>>>   No channels are configured to use grabber. <-----------------
>>>   DataDirect: Not inserting channels into disconnected source 3. <----------
>>>
>>> Leo, if you remove the entry in /etc/hosts and run it again, do the above lines
>>> look the same?
>>
>> Yes. The log is at
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/kNgbAFr8
>>
>> I don't see any significant difference between the two logs, but I don't
>> know what to look for...
>>

>>> If "analog cable" = source #1 sd-cable, then it looks like it's working.
>>
>> Yes, sd-cable is the listing for the analog cable, and it is a mystery
>> to me why it looks like it is working.
>>
>>> However, sd-antenna doesn't appear to be setup completely.
>>
>> You are correct. I would like to cut the cable cord, but haven't had
>> time to set up the antenna correctly, so there are no tuners using that
>> source. Sigh. Anyhow, that wasn't causing any problems with the original
>> sd data and I doubt it is here, either.
>>
>> Robert, Bill, thanks for looking into this.
>>
>> Leo
>>

> Sorry Leo, just to explicitly ask the question - So when you removed the entry from /etc/hosts you got all your missing listings data?

Yes, I believe I did. To answer Bill Meek's question, I looked at
Information Center -> System Status -> Schedule Status on the
frontend. Before, I had no recordings scheduled using the analog source
sd-cable, and after, I have 35 scheduled recordings using that source.

It seems to me that if I am getting the listings data from the beta sd
source and I am not having recordings scheduled using that data, then
the problem is a mismatch between the data and the myth scheduler.

Here is my backend info:

$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.3-164-g629f711
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140719-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
 using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
 using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalh\
d using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libf\
ftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xr\
andr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threa\
ds using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Leo