[mythtv-users] mythcut - preparing image but no thumbnail displayed

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 22:52:34 UTC 2014

Is there anyone on the list that can assist with Mythcut -
https://github.com/roadrunner6/mythcut? I'm interested in seeing what it
looks like.

So far I appear to have it installed. I can bring up the list of recordings,
search etc. However when I go 'edit movie' all the thumbnails just say
"Preparing Image" with a generic background.

I checked in the mythcut-cache directory and it appears that the thumbnails
are being generated. But they are not being displayed.

I'm just having a guess here but my feel is it is probably some security
thing in my settings that is stopping content outside of /var/www/ being
displayed (the thumbnails are generated in a cache directory
/tmp/mythcut-cache/). But I have no idea where to go after that or how to
prove / disprove if my theory is even correct. I tried changing the config
so that the tmp cache file was created under /var/www/mythcut/tmp but got
the same behaviour (although the cache directory was successfully moved, at
least once I loosened off the permissions) - does that disprove my theory?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.