[mythtv-users] Mythvideo - retrieve all details not working

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:35:49 UTC 2014

Hi all, I seem to be having two problems with Mythvideo.

Second problem first - In Mythvideo the 'Retreive all details' option (open
Mythvideo, press M, select Retrieve all details) is not doing anything for
me.  And I do mean anything. I tried verbose all logging on the frontend and
there was not a single notification that seemed to relate. Also nothing at
all in the backend with standard logging. However if I go to an individual
recording and press 'W' or 'I' 'Change Video Details' 'Retrieve Details' all
the metadata is successfully retrieved. It's just that I have to go to every
file one at a time and press 'W' on each and every file. Very slow.

First problem second - Mythvideo does not seem to be scanning for metadata
when files are added. I press 'M' 'Scan for changes' I get all the recently
added files populated but with no metadata. The documentation on the wiki
seemed to suggest that the scan would run automatically when new files are
added.

No doubt the two problems are related in some fashion, but I really not sure
where to look from here. All help and suggestions appreciated.

Frontend and Backend versions:
MythTV Version : v0.27.1-7-g41d04b6
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140520-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2