[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - Cliff's Notes?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Oct 7 17:37:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> > Out of curiosity I peeked at the mythtv-dev mailing list
>
> Review the irc logs....
>
> Ugh, there are too damn many fora for this project.

> >  It might be nice if the mythtv.org website
> > maintainer(s) could put up an announcement with the (interim?) preferred
> > solution, which at this point is probably the DNS/hosts file change.
>
> I think the mythtv.org site is the wrong place for this.
> This is not (really) a mythtv.org issue.

While it's not *caused* by mythtv, I believe that myth is the largest
project that uses this data, and mythtv users *will* have to make changes
to their system to continue getting listing data. It's just a friendly
notification. Schedules Direct has a few options for mythtv users right now
(JSON grabber, DNS change) which they can describe on their site, but
mythtv should at least point to that.

And, if Schedules Direct is proactive, they will
> send email to their customers when the final
> decisions/workarounds have been decided upon.
>
> And I presume they will do so, as a customer focused
> organization, when they have made those decisions.

Yes, I hope they will do that.

Karl