[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:11:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:49 AM, Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most reports show TMS-DD takes twice as long as SD-DD.  Were you seeing
> timeouts from TMS-DD and just never noticed it?

No, I was occasionally seeing failures (and noticed).

However it seems that the TMS-DD trickled the
data over an extended period (the total time was
more than the SD-DD service time) so the MythTV
mythdownloadmanager 60 second abort timeout was
not usually the cause (as long as mythdownloadmanager
is getting data, it resets the abort timer for each "chunk").
I am presuming that the new SD-DD service collects
all the data before passing it back so the 60
second mythdownloadmanager abort timeout
applies.  So, this is indirect regression caused by
(that I am presuming) the particular way you are
providing the service.

Does that explanation make sense (I am not asking
if you have a solution, just does my observation
make sense)?