[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:50:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow.. just checked my logs, you're not kidding!  Your times tend to run 30
> or 60 (nothing in-between!) seconds and about 23M of data. Interesting......

Just a quick follow up.

I will note that I am still (randomly) getting download failures,
but it is not the SD transition service (I no longer see the
gateway timeout issues -> Thanks).  MythTV itself has a
60 second timeout from the last data transfer, and if the
request takes (I presume) the full 60 seconds before it
starts to get me the data, apparently I will sometimes
exceed that magic 60 second timeout in mythdownloadmanager.
I have not decided the best way to proceed (I could change
the code timeout, or I could stop using --dd-grab-all, or I
could just repeatedly hit the service until I get "lucky"
with one of the 30 second events, or there are a couple of
other ideas I am thinking of pursuing).

Anyway, I thought this may help others if they see
interesting failures.