[mythtv-users] Myth on Enlightenment Window Manager

Mike Thomas mt3 at pfw.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 18:56:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 12:08:24 +0000
"Tremayne, Steve" <steven.tremayne at honeywell.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone is using the Enlightenment window manager on
> their systems (frontends really)
>
> I have a system with Arch Linux + Enlightenment running on it and see
> a few weird issues with MythWelcome (i.e. after a clean powerup, I do
> nothing but close MythWelcome and it appears to kill the desktop...)
>
> I'm also having issues with MythWelcome not passing focus to
> MythFrontend once started - but I've yet to try to workaround with
> evilwm as per the wiki, so I'm not too worried about that (yet).
>
> Just thought I'd see if anyone else is enjoying Enlightenment
> though :)

Dear Steve,

I run 0.27 on my home-brew linux with enlightenment 1.0.10. I only ever
use full-screen mode. I play back OTA recordings but I never do
anything else, I'm afraid.

Consequently I've not experienced your problem but I can confirm that
e16's focus passing can be a bit weird. Try bringing up a few xterms and
moving the mouse between windows. Often I find that more than one xterm
indicates by its cursor that it thinks it has focus. However, I've never
experienced any actual focus problems themselves.

Yours,

Mike.