[mythtv-users] new digital over the air compatible TV Card

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Oct 6 14:02:46 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-05 1:44 PM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 11:40:18 -0400
> "Rodney D. Myers" <rod_myers at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> Been away for a few years, and my original MythTV box has been parted
>> out.
>>
>> I've cut the cord, so I am looking for a TV card that can handle the
>> over the air antenna. I've looked at the FAQ, but unless I missed it,
>> I never saw a list of compatible cards.
>
> http://www.pchdtv.com/hd_5500.html
>
> This card is PCI only and I even do not know if they are in business
> any more, the web site seems to be up, though. I've had one of these
> for many years and it just keeps working, analog part is framegrabber
> and poor quality, digital works fine.

And now that I know he's in the US...

I also have an HD-5500 (2 of them) that are currently idle as I'm on comcast with an HDHR prime.

But for OTA, I would definitely see if the pcHDTV folks are around. The cards work well.
Or, check out the HDhomerun  --- I dig the "over ethernet"  tuner that it is as well.

Both supported nicely on MythTV.

   -Ben