[mythtv-users] Conditional custom recording rule

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Oct 6 11:42:26 UTC 2014

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 23:45:01 -0400, you wrote:

>Just wondering if this use case is possible.
>
>We normally record the local CTV news at 6pm. On weekends, depending on
>sports schedules, they don't air a 6pm news at all, pre-empting it for the
>game.
>
>We can't just schedule another local news just in case because we already
>have another show recording and we have just two tuners.
>
>Is there anyway to say in a rule something like this:
>
>"If there isn't a show with the title 'CTV News' airing at 6pm on CFTO
>record  'Evening News' on CIII-HD instead"
>
>Thanks.

You could try having a rule for the CTV News with a high priority on
it, and another rule for the "other local news" with a low priority.
So it will normally record both if enough tuners are available, but if
it runs out of tuners and gets a conflict, the low priority "other
local news" will not record.