[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 16:47:49 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this possibly an issue, or is it possibly just due to the guide
>> data from the replacement service not being that current?
>
> I will note that the JSON server only provides schedules
> for 2, 4, or 13 days, and, indeed, the downloaded data
> from the new beta server does seem to have a slightly
> smaller set of data when using --dd-grab-all than that
> from the original tmsdirect servers (a bit more than
> a day less by the reported dates in the log, I have not
> looked at the actual XML output).  So, you would likely
> see new data in another day or so.  To test on your
> development instance you could always delete all your
> channels (delete all video sources), recreate everything
> and then run mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all.  It is the
> only way to be sure.
>
> I am going to continue to use only the new service for
> a couple of days and watch the logs aggressively.  Now
> that Robert has increased the timeouts, things look
> good, but the only way to verify is to test and check
> repeatedly over an extended period.

I suspect you're correct.  I'll keep an eye on it.

One question however:  I'm running 0.27.3.  I was surprised to see
that my automatic mythfilldatabase runs don't create separate log
files under /var/log/mythtv.  Is that supposed to happen, or does it
require changing the parameters used by the mythfilldatabase command?
It seems crazy that I get separate logs for stuff like mythpreviewgen
(those drive me nuts BTW) but not for mythfilldatabase.  My backend
itself is currently set just for -v general.  I'd like to get good
logging of mythfilldatabase, but I'd rather not enable verbose logging
for everything.

Tom