[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 15:25:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow.. just checked my logs, you're not kidding!  Your times tend to run 30
> or 60 (nothing in-between!) seconds and about 23M of data. Interesting.....
> I'll see what I can do to optimize that.  Most folks are taking 3-10
> seconds.

That is a substantial difference.  This is just a  --dd-grab-all
request with both a Cable and a OTA lineup set.  Does not
seem that would be especially different than others.  I will
note that if I do not do a --dd-grab-all (mythfilldatabase
performing just ~one day requests), each request takes
around 10 seconds to complete.  Are few others using
--dd-grab-all (even though it is recommended)?

> How does this compare with the TMS-DD server?

>From some minimal historical data, the TMS-DD server
has recently taken a bit more than 2 minutes to download
using --dd-grab-all (and I have this memory of it taking even
longer at times, but I do not have any data to show that;
perhaps I was just impatient).  Regardless, this beta service
is about half the time for the information I do have.  Which
is goodness.

Thanks.