[mythtv-users] Netflix

Erik Hjertén erik at hjerten.com
Sun Oct 5 13:27:25 UTC 2014

2014-09-30 18:16, Gerhard Gappmeier skrev:

> Hi all
>
> since Netflix is now also available in Germany I gave it a try.
>
> It's the first video on demand service (I know from) that now also
> works natively on Linux.
>
> Using wine/virtualbox tricks to run this MS Silverlight stuff was
> never an option for me and I think also not for many other uses.
>
> Now Netflix can stream video using HTML5 and an additional DRM plugin
> which currently works in Google Chrome and Chromium.
>
> * Pro: First native Linux support
>
> * Con: Still DRM, but it works
>
> I just wanted to let you know how I did a first integration into
> MythTV (far from perfect, but works).
>
> 1.) Install Google Chrome (or Chromium).
>
> 2.) Install libnss3 version 3.14 or higher
>
> (this is required by the DRM plugin to work)

I think you need libnss3 version 3.16 and up. 3.17 is now in Ubuntu
repos för 12.04 and 14.04, but not 13.10 for instance, which has libnss3
3.14.

Besides this I can confirm this is working quite nicely. Also the
plug-in Flix Plus for Chrome is useful if you want to use a keyboard
without mouse:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/flix-plus/fcjjgdnadfneaamhipplgpfkdnbfagla

/Erik