[mythtv-users] mceusb remote on USB3

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 09:22:24 UTC 2014

Hoi Alistair,

Friday, October 3, 2014, 4:35:48 AM, you wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> I saw a thread a couple of weeks back about using an mceusb remote and it
>> not transferring data correctly on a USB3 port.
>>
>> My x-26y dual core celeron based box has the same problem but the bios is
>> very different so I've no idea what to look for to set the usb ports into
>> usb2 mode.
>>
>> I have a work-around at the moment as there are a couple of usb2 ports
>> brought out of the side of the box so I have the remote working but it
>> would be nice to tidy up the cables and have all connections at the back!!
>>
>> All ideas gratefully received :)

> I think that was my thread: "MCE remote doesn't work after hardware upgrade".

> The setting on my Asus motherboard is "Intel xHCI Mode" (clear the
> check box to disable it).  Hopefully it will be similar enough to
> figure out.  Maybe read the wikipedia pages on USB3 and xHCI to see
> some of the other terms related to the drivers and interface.

Alistair's solution was to disable usb3 all together, for with him
else the usb2 ports wouldn't work too. Since you have working usb2
ports on the side, some of the ports on the back could be usb2. They
then have different colors inside. Blue and black for instance.
If you have no working usb2 on the back and you can't or won't disable
usb3, the only solution is to add a usb2 card.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop