[mythtv-users] Netflix

Gerhard Gappmeier gappy1502 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 4 08:56:43 UTC 2014

On 10/04/14 01:40, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Gerhard Gappmeier <gappy1502 at gmx.net
> <mailto:gappy1502 at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     3.) edit /usr/share/mythtv/themes/classic/mainmenu.xml (the path
>     may vary on your system)
>
>     Add the following new "Netflix" command.
>

>     <button>
>
>     <type>VIDEO</type>
>
>     <text>Netflix</text>
>
>     <action>EXEC DISPLAY=":0.0" /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable
>     --alsa-output-device=iec958 --start-fullscreen
>     https://www2.netflix.com</action>
>
>     </button>
>

> I use TintedGlass as my theme and there doesn't appear to be a
> mainmenu.xml. Any idea where I'd change it?

The theme only configures the style. I'm using MythCenter-wide,
nevertheless the menu structure is configured by themes/classic/mainmenu.xml

Actually I also do not understand how the two parts are working together.
I would expect the the theme somehow references the classic structure,
but I could not find that.

Maybe it works the same way for TintedGlass.

regards,
Gerhard.