[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Channel Tuning Failure

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Oct 4 01:01:47 UTC 2014

On 10/3/2014 5:05 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> Why, yes I can. In the HDHR GUI I can fire off VLC just fine on this
>> channel.
>>
>> So I have misconfigured Myth somehow.
> There are so many ways to end up with "interesting" data
> in the database.  You can probably go into the channel editor
> (in mythtv-setup) and correct the data.  Or delete all your
> video sources and recreate them following the usual
> process (which was a bit convoluted in 0.24 for a Prime
> as I recall), but it would also clean up anything else broken
> (if you do not remember how this got broken, there is
> probably other brokenness in there).

Sigh. I've works so hard to avoid doing this. I have a perl script to
manually insert channels. It's always worked until now. The heart is:

$dbh->do(
     "INSERT INTO channel SET
     chanid = $chanid,
     channum = '$channum',
     freqid = '$freqid',
     sourceid = $sourceid,
     mplexid = $mplexid,
     serviceid = $serviceid,
     callsign = '$callsign',
     name = '$callsign',
     icon = '',
     finetune = 0,
     visible = 1;
     ") or die "INSERT INTO channel command failed: " . $DBI::errstr . "\n";

Since this is a HDHR Prime, mplexid and serviceid shouldn't matter. I've
got the serviceid correct. Anyone know any other settings that might
screw up channel tuning on a prime?