[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:24:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:
> One concern I have with the JSON service is that sd-utility.php changes the mythtv database schema. In particular, it changes the credits table adding to the valid enums for the role column. Now maybe this is a change that mythtv 0.28 will adopt, but will database upgrades fail for those of us who use sd-utility.php on our production 0.27 or earlier systems, and then try to upgrade to 0.28 or later in the future?

I'm going to stop making the change to the role table in a soonish
commit, and will set it back to what it was for users that are already
running the grabber. There are many many more "role" types available
in the new data, so at some point a change to a varchar(64) is
probably going to be simpler to avoid having to recompile code
everytime a new role type comes around. Not that there are 1000's of
roles, but there are a lot more than what's in the enum now.