[mythtv-users] Alternative to Schedules Direct

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:02:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:
> Since the SD mechanism is changing Nov 1 and it's unclear (to me) that
> future changes to myth will handle the transition without significant effort
> by users and I will be traveling for an extended time over that period, I'm
> wondering if there is a viable alternative to SD for US listings that I can
> use until I return and have time adjust my myth backend. I'm looking for
> something that I can setup now (and test) before I leave and that has a good
> chance of success of working unattended while I'm away.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Check out the mailing list thread titled "Schedules Direct DataDirect
replacement service testing" regarding the replacement service they're
working on which apparently can be made to work just like the original
DataDirect feed by pointing a few host names to different ips in your
/etc/hosts file.

Tom