[mythtv-users] Lirc commands in a shell script

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:36:51 UTC 2014

Hoi Karl,

Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 7:25:34 AM, you wrote:

> Hi Hika,

> On 28.09.2014 13:37, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I have Radio integrated in Myth with some adaptations as in the wiki.

> I'm wondering if you can get the radio stations from some other input,
> e.g. do they transmit as DVB radio, or do they have a shoutcast stream
> for the mythmusic streaming radio function or do they have an
> over-the-top MPEG2-TS via HTTP stream for HbbTV. All of these can be
> very easily integrated via native MythTV functionality without going
> out of your way with external scripts. It sounds like a lot of work for
> little to no gain.

> Regards,
> Karl

> PS: I'm also wondering if the ivtv radio functions work with our mpeg
> recorder or if they have different APIs for the radio and the tv parts
> of the same device.

Yes, they are also available as streams and one of them at least with
added video of some sort. I probably could get that working too. I
have all PVR's (150, 350 in my two frontends and 2x500 in the backend)
and possibly recording is possible.
I've seen hints to that effect. Audio-out goes through video24. But
I'm mainly interested in live listening and setting it up as an alarm.
Therefor I want lirc support. Lying in bed or sitting on the couch. So
Mythtv doesn't add much for me on that part. Only to prevent conflict
between the radio and the tv. On that part I'm still thinking. But for
now I only use the two 500's for recording.
A nice thing is that ivtv-radio also works with other analog cards.
And tuning through v4l2-ctl should work with all cards. So it's
general.
The dutch video streams are a bit more complicated. They need
communication to set up a dedicated connection. That's another
project. Xbmc has that working, but with Myth it probably needs an
extra plug-in. The audio streams seem free to pick up.
But to cut it short, I like the handywork and it has always been the
way for me to learn more about programming. Find a project and search
for examples and read a lot. It's more about the project and learning
than about the result.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven