[mythtv-users] Frontend can't connect to backend on new mythbuntu install

Mark Pennock markitman2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 03:31:33 UTC 2014

My backend crashed so I was forced to start over from scratch. I got
everything on the backend working, I can see all my old recordings, I can
schedule mythweb recordings and they work, but I can't get the frontends to
connect.

I upgraded both the frontends with the same mythbuntu usb live stick but
neither one will connect.

Using the mythbuntu control center it shows that I can successfully connect
to the sql database but still no fronted connection.