[mythtv-users] Is CRID an international standard?

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Fri Nov 28 11:54:16 UTC 2014

> On 28 November 2014 at 11:13, Angela <angela.schmid at wolke7.net> wrote:
>
> > Myth should have on option to use the programID/seriesID for
> > scheduling or ignore them. I submitted a request:
>
> Considering duplicate detection using programID when generated from
> XMLTV data is broken (can't tell difference between season 1 episode
> 11 and season 11 episode 1, for example) with no sane resolution on the
> horizon, this would be a good move and one that I would make use of*.
>
> Nick
>
> * of course, if it were for my own installation, I'd correct the programme
ID
> generation code and then fix the entries in oldrecorded, but I like a
challenge

Editing would be a very hard work, as you have to make your own "reliable"
CRIDs. Future repeats come with other CRIDs, so you have to constantly edit
the EPG/oldrecorded.
In my case the CRIDs are sometimes delivered a few minutes before the start
(EIT Table present/following), or even after it started (not taking care for
scheduling and not saved into oldrecorded); all this makes (future)
scheduling very unreliable.

Thx for pointing me to the oldrecorded table, this should be the sql update
I meant:
update mythconverg. oldrecorded
set seriesid = ''
   ,programid = ''